Essential Oil Rose
Essential oil rose is a true, unadulterated, and purerose essential oil (Rosa Damascena) is actually pretty hard to find. In almost all cases you will find a highly diluted oil, usually no more than 5% rose oil in a base of oil (or even alcohol), or a rose absolute. This is because of the high cost of extracting rose, an oil extraction through the steam distillation of its petals. 9Did you know it takes 12,000 petals to produce one single 5ml bottle of rose oil??) Despite these obstacles it’s still highly coveted and a much loved oil, both for its aroma and its benefits. Its true aroma is rich, floral, sensual and oooooh so heavenly.
Rose is most commonly used for emtional balance and skin health, however throughout history rose oil uses have ranged from digestive to hormonal and almost anything in between, including immune, heart health and more.
- Helps balance moisture levels in the skin
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections
- Promotes an even skin tone and healthy complexion
- Emotionally uplifting
Emotianlly and energetically, rose oil benefits the heart as well. It’s said to have the highest vibrational frequency of any other oil, and opens ones heart and soul to love and spiritual connection. In this way it may help a person dealing with fear, stress, or hard-heartedness, and even help to heal relationships with one’s self and others.
How to use:
- Apply one to two drops to face, neck and decolletage. Follow with the moisturizer of your choice
- Apply one drop directly to skin imperfections twice daily
- Diffuse in the morning to promote energy and vitality
- Rose oils benefits the limbic system when used aromatically. Consider massaging a small amount over the heart daily, inhaling from hands afterwards
- Diffuse as desired, inhale from cupped hands, or massage a diluted drop (or less) into the reflex points of the feet daily for peace and relaxation.